Embedded Software Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002663983
This role is responsible for developing and integrating the electrical controls systems into compressor products. The successful candidate must be able to work on multiple programs cross-functionally. The ideal candidate will need to be a self-driven strong communicator that is intimately familiar with electrical and controls systems design and development for industrial applications.
• Define overall control systems architecture and requirements for new products.
• Develop software solutions to controls systems and problems.
• Design and develop electrical control systems into Sullair products using knowledge of current technology available to deliver innovative design solutions to best in class products.
• Design, develop, and maintain electrical/control systems and components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. This includes new products, product line extensions, incremental updates, and maintenance releases.
• Responsible for New Product Development program deliverables on all electrical controls aspects including: concept designs, design reviews, DFMEA’s, DVP&R’s, DRD’s, best practices, risk assessment, and maintaining design guidelines.
• Size and integrate VSDs (variable speed drives), motors, and controls systems to meet application requirements.
• Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Service, and Commercial teams on all electrical and controls related design items and changes.
• Collaborate with internal engineering functions to ensure design deliverables, target costs, and project timing are met and properly documented.
c, python, arm, rtos, usb, proportional integral derivative control pid software, sensor technology, sensor design, sensor development, compressor
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
o Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
o Embedded C
o ARM processors, Drivers (USB), Motors or Sensors experience
o RTOS (Thread X) or Free RTOS experience (Green hills or VX works)
Nice to Have:
o Industrial experience
o Experience with Sensors
o Compressor experience
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072