Posting ID: JP-002423169
The Accounting Advisory team at the company is represented by a dedicated group of accountants who work collaboratively to provide oral and written accounting advice (GAAP and STAT) primarily to finance, actuarial and sales professionals. This role, together with the Manager – Accounting Advisory, will be responsible for providing advice and documenting to the company's accounting positions related to reinsurance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, new products, and actuarial related accounting topics. As a core contributor to the team, this role will become a key point of contact for professionals throughout the organization for accounting inquiries.
- This is a dynamic position that does not involve a large ‘business as usual’ task list to be repeated monthly/quarterly thus reducing its involvement with control and audit related activities.
- Participate and advise in special projects and complex transactions to ensure financial accounting, regulatory reporting, and company-wide reporting issues are properly identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop documentation and provide advice to support GAAP and STAT accounting positions.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s accounting policies.
- Assist in the review of transaction accounting journal entry templates.
- Monitor the activities of accounting regulatory and industry groups and prepare summaries of new and emerging issues.
- Support accounting positions taken directly with external auditors.
- Research and facilitate implementation of new GAAP and STAT accounting standards.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- A minimum of 5 years of public accounting or insurance industry experience required
- CPA preferred
- Strong technical background and understanding of GAAP and STAT accounting requirements
- Life insurance and reinsurance accounting experience preferred
If interested please email your resume to Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Anna O'Gorman
Phone: (515) 657-5449