Construction Project Manager
Posting ID: JP-002051458
Aerotek's client is looking for a construction project manager for a
-5+ years of commercial ("ground up"/"cradle to grave") project management experience
-Managing jobs of at least $5,000,000
-2 years of managing internal staff (assistant PM's)
-Strong communication skills
-Valid Drivers license
-HS Diploma or GED
-Experience working on multi-family, renovations, or local government projects
-Bachelors in construction management
- Conduct turn over meetings with Superintendent and General Superintendent.
- Coordinate with the Estimator, the buyout of the estimate after the pre-job conference.
- Code the estimate for the Office Manager to input into the accounting system.
- Input the estimate into Project Management Software.
- Have complete knowledge of all subcontractors’ scopes of work and exclusions.
- Author Purchase order and Subcontract Scopes of Work and give to the Project Admin for processing into Subcontracts & Purchase Orders prior to the start of the job.
- Review and set-up of standard Subcontract Agreement for each Project.
- Review milestone activities with the superintendent and complete draft of schedule. Make required adjustments to finalize the schedule. Distribute to all parties required.
- Complete schedule of values for Owner/Architect. Document front end loading for internal use.
- Create submittal log with the superintendent and identify priorities. Input submittal log into Project Management Software.
- Secure permits and distribute plans to utilities as needed.
- Confirm the testing agency and responsibilities with the Superintendent. Coordinate the parties to pay soils, concrete and special inspections with the testing agency.
- Review (and or prepare) the Owner contract and give a copy to the Superintendent
- Identify marketing opportunities.
Ensure an open line of communication between field, office, Owners and Design Professionals.
Review all submittals/shop drawings and monitor all logs weekly until complete.
Document all changes to the contract documents and copy Superintendent.
Update overall schedule from Superintendents 3 week schedule monthly and distribute to Superintendent, Owner, Architect and key subcontractors.
Review Superintendents Daily reports.
Review & approve all invoices for the project. Check not only the code the Superintendent placed on the backup but the costs being invoiced against the budget.
Review with the Superintendent monthly, the cost to complete and unit tracking.
Provide job cost projections worksheet to management each month.
Prepares monthly billing on required forms.
Coordinate and process change orders. Once proposed changes have been formalized, issue all subcontractor/ purchase order changes and update the jobcost reports. Copy the Superintendent on all paperwork.
Leads project meetings and ensures all agenda items are followed.
Post Construction Phase:
Document substantial completion.
Organize, distribute, track and confirm that all punch list items are completed.
Co-ordinate as-built drawings and close out manuals.
Schedule and participate in Post Mortem meeting.
Track and verify the completion of all warranty items.
Schedule one year walk through.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072