Help Desk Supervisor
Posting ID: JP-002166056
The Help Desk Supervisor works closely with the Help Desk Manager and assigned Help Desk Technicians to ensure the success of the Help Desk department. The position will be in the Overland Park, KS area. One of the more important characteristics is that this individual is professional as the helpdesk will be supporting small banks. Another strong quality they are looking for is actual experience leading team members or the aptitude to lead.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work with Help Desk Technical Specialists to ensure adherence to departmental and company standards with regards to the execution of their jobs.
2. Be willing to take ownership of and load balance additional Help Desk supervisory responsibilities with the other Help Desk Supervisors (e.g. special teams, oncall rotation, onsite scheduling, subject matter experts, training programs, etc…)
3. Provide training on how to solve problems or tackle new challenges for Help Desk Technical Specialists.
4. Review tickets currently assigned to Help Desk team members for attentiveness, accuracy, and quality of service being rendered.
5. Host and attend meetings as necessary to communicate with and motivate staff.
6. Oversee activities of Help Desk Technical Specialists to ensure proper and efficient completion of departmental work.
7. Be willing to take and work on tickets as necessary when the load or challenge gets too great for the Help Desk Technical Specialists.
8. Be able and willing to take escalations calls from clients who wish to speak with a supervisor – hearing their concerns, empathizing with the situation, and working towards an agreeable solution with the client.
9. Monitor real-time events and multi-task between various concurrent activities.
10. Successfully relay concerns and suggestions from Help Desk Technicians to Help Desk Manager.
11. Perform related work as required.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Communication Proficiency.
5. Team Player.
6. Good Decision Making.
7. Work Independently.
8. Time Management.
9. Ability to Mentor.
This position has direct reports and supervisory responsibility.
Help desk, Windows 10, Service desk, Metrics, Active directory, Support, Troubleshooting, Microsoft office, Customer service, Hardware, Office 365, Remote support, Password reset, Technical support
Top Skills Details:
Help desk,Windows 10,Service desk,Metrics,Active directory,Support,Troubleshooting,Microsoft office,Customer service
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Required Education and Experience
1. Advanced understanding of: desktop operating systems, various software applications and PC/Server/Network hardware.
2. Advanced understanding of principles and theories of network systems and management.
3. Advanced understanding of Internet technologies and products.
4. Advanced understanding of electrical safety procedure.
5. At least four years of technical work experience or equivalent education / certifications.
6. At least four relevant technical certifications (e.g. A+, Network+ and Security+) or equivalent experience.
7. Associate’s degree in computer science related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Five or more years of technical work experience.
2. Five or more relevant technical certifications (e.g. A+, Network+ and Security+).
3. Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in computer science related field.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Ethan French