Protection & Controls Substation Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002177894
- Responsible for relay protection and control engineering associated with medium to high voltage projects – 2.4kV thru 345kV
- Perform analysis and calculations necessary to develop protection & control design packages successfully.
- Create design criteria and material specifications appropriate for the designs, integrating client supplied standards and requirements.
- Develop one-lines, three-lines, schematic diagrams, wiring and connection diagrams.
- Use relay protection principles and practices for the application of electro-mechanical, solid-state and microprocessor relays.
- Routinely develop relaying setting files using vendor specific software packages for various types of microprocessor-based relays.
- Develop conceptual/feasibility studies, cost estimating, development of design drawings, material specifications, bill of materials, bid documents, relay settings, coordination studies, etc.
- Continual interaction with vendors and/or Clients.
- Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Kansas preferred.
- 5+ years in Relay Protection & Control design experience.
Recruiter: Jacquelyn Mattingly