Associate Laboratory Director
Posting ID: JP-002039537
Associate Lab Director- Direct Placement
- Supervises testing of large laboratory performing organic acid testing for genetic diseases, dysbiosis, nutritional deficiencies, and toxic exposures.
- Extends scope of organic acid tests to include an increased number of markers and to identify new compounds not reported in the scientific literature.
- Performs research to determine biochemical abnormalities in cancer prior to the use of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Plans, validates, and implements new clinical tests as assigned by the Lab Director.
- Revises existing SOP manuals for the tests being developed to ensure that current practices are accurately documented and adequately followed.
- Performs daily review of tests results for completeness, and provides assistance to the quality assurance program.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation and procedural problems and recommends laboratory service improvements.
- Coordinates laboratory services with the Laboratory Manager.
- Monitors safety compliance for blood borne pathogens and chemical hygiene as established by State and Federal regulations.
- Performs testing procedures as necessary.
- Plans and supervises Research and Development operations in their assigned area.
- Supervises laboratory technologists in their assigned area.
- Provides onsite, telephone or electronic consultation by clients as needed.
- Performs periodic evaluation of test performance and makes adjustments based on internal blind testing and external proficiency testing.
- Performs periodic evaluation of quality indicators effectiveness and implements corrective actions to improve laboratory services.
- Evaluates the quality of tests referred to outside laboratories.
- Assists the Client Services Department in the resolution of disputed cases and provides a report to the client.
- Performs statistical analysis of recent data transmissions to evaluate tests performance and trends.
- Meets periodically with other members of the laboratory management for evaluation of delegated functions.
- Identifies personnel training needs and implements a continuing education program.
Chemistry, GCMS, GC-MS, icp ms, icp
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters degree in Biochemistry, chemistry, toxicology, pharmacology, or relevant scientific discipline
- 1 year of hands on experience working with GCMS, LCMS, or ICP MS
- 1 year of clinical laboratory experience under CLIA/CAP regulations
- 1 year of leadership experience- training, supervising, lead experience
- PhD in Biochemistry, chemistry, toxicology, pharmacology, or relevant scientific discipline
- 5 years hands on experience working with LCMS, GCMS, OR ICP MS
- 1 year clinical laboratory experience
- 1 year leadership experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Clara Stephenson
Phone: (913) 905-3143