Job Search & More
Medical Office Specialist
Posted Monday, July 3, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003882084
Are you passionate about impacting lives and improving patient care? Are you looking for an opportunity for personal and professional growth?
Aston Carter is partnered with a multi-specialty, surgical practice in Overland Park, Kansas & in Kansas City, MO who are seeking Medical Office Specialists to join their front and/or back office teams! The Medical Office Specialist provides clerical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. This is an amazing team that works hard to support each other and is seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as they do. We encourage you to apply today.
What You Will Do In This Role:
• You will manage all front or back office functions including patient relations, check-in/check-out, scheduling, insurance verification, and answering phones
• You will manage filing and retrieving medical records and patient information
• You will assist with collecting and recording co-pays (cash and/or charge) including balancing the day in the computer
• You will obtain CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required by the physician's office
• You will be responsible for proving and contributing to the company's mission, vision, and values by scheduling patient's surgical procedures and maintaining the surgery schedule
• You will complete chart requests from Medical Records and notify the Materials Manager /Nurse Manager of any physician requests or special equipment needed for upcoming surgeries/procedures
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction, professional, and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Office Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- The right candidate will be energetic, hard working, have a passion for their job, able to multi-task and driven to gain a connection with our employees and patients. We are seeking a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, detail oriented, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional Experience Demonstrating High Level of Attention to Detail
- Professional Experience Demonstrating the Ability to Thrive in a Fast Faced Environment
- Healthcare Industry
- Medical Terminology
- Electronic Medical Record
- Patient Registration, Prior Authorization, Insurance Verification, Scheduling Patient Procedures/Appointments, Managing Referrals - Preferred
- eClinicalWorks - Preferred
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (start and end times may vary by 30 minutes) Onsite
Recruiter: Paxton Mitchell