Saw Operator - 2nd Shift - $17 - 19/hr
Posting ID: JP-002342979
Responsibilities and Duties
At a minimum, the following is a basic description of typical duties and responsibilities expected of the Saw Operator. These duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change as the needs of the organization require.
• Be an expert in the mechanical operation of one or more saws in the service center.
• Process orders according to customer cut to size specifications.
• Ensure orders are processed per specification and on time without exception.
• Pull and stage material to be processed at saw.
• Retrieve material from the plate racks using a fork truck.
• Measure material to exact requirements.
• Enter data for the exact specifications onto the appropriate form for data entry into the computer.
• Safely and properly operate cranes, fork trucks and apply safe rigging.
• Assist in the packaging and receiving of shipments and in weekly inventory cycle counts.
• Use precision when operating tools such as tape measures, micrometers, nibblers and calipers.
• Keep immediate work area clean and organized throughout the day.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two or more years of related experience or training working with saw and/or machinery
• One or more years in the metals service center industry
• Basic Microsoft Office proficiency, including Work, Excel, and Outlook
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
• Ability to measure using different tools
• Ability to read and calculate numbers and data
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction
• Operate with high integrity, maintaining positive relations with co-workers, customers, and suppliers.
• Strong work ethic; self-motivated
• One or more years of experience in the metals service center industry
• Standing—Over ¾ of the time
• Use of hands or fingers to handle or feel—Over ¾ of the time
• Reach with hands or arms—Over ¾ of the time
• Kneeling/Crawling/Twisting/Balancing—Over ½ of the time
• Bending/Climbing—Over ½ of the time
• Talk or hear—Over ¾ of the time
• Close vision (clear vision at 36 inches or less)
Weights to be lifted:
• Up to 50 pounds—Over ¾ of the time
• Up to 75 pounds—Less than ¼ of the time
Weights to be pushed/pulled:
• Between 25-50 pounds—Over ¾ of the time
Metals, Material, Handling, Bandsaw, Saw, Operator, Material Handler, Inventory Control, Schelling, Cycle Counts, Machine Operator, Picker, Packer, Shipping
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Must have 1year minimum of saw operation experience in aviation or similar field.
-Must be able to run at Metalsaw, Schelling machine to be able to do this position it's a requirement.
-1+ years of mfg./warehouse material handling/forklift experience is required.
- Mechanically inclined and able to troubleshoot problems. Doesn’t need to know about saws, just smart enough to figure things out.
- Reliable – needs to be here and be on time.
- Work ethic
- Good attitude & willingness to learn.
- Saw experience would be a plus.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.