Posting ID: JP-002663101
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER | BEREA, KY | HITACHI AUTOMOTIVE
- Responsible for going on production floor and implementing continuous improvements.
- Will look for time savings or cost reductions.
- Will work with other Engineers and Production team to ensure changes are completed and understood.
- Will implement capacity improvements.
- Provide process gap analysis and lead problem solving at the production level.
- An example would be they have a 21 second cycle time on a line and putting a visible clock so operators know they are hitting cycle times.
- Will also help to train/coach/teach team members as well as work hand in hand to problem solve new techniques and improvements.
- Time studies is going to be a huge aspect of this role.
- Looking for someone to be able to look at a production process and make it more efficient.
Skills: manufacturing, mechanical engineering, time studies, Continuous Improvement, new product launch
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. (Preferred)
- AutoCAD Experience.
- Able to speak to continuous improvement projects they have completed.
- Time Studies.
- Shift: 1st 7:45a-5p
- Facility is not temperature controlled.
- Will out on the floor 60% of the time.
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week, including weekends and holiday work as necessary.
- This opening reports to the corporate group at Hitachi.
- Up to 5% domestic and international may be required as needed.
- 12 month Contract-to-Hire
- This company prefers candidates seeking long-term employment as this is a permanent position within the company
- $35.00 Hourly (x1.5 hourly rate for all OT hours)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072