Posting ID: JP-002659748
This is a HYBRID role, so any applicants MUST BE LOCAL OR ABLE TO COMMUTE TO FRANKFORT KY.
Top Skills' Details
1. 3+ years Project Management experience primarily around organization, tracking tasks, managing multiple projects, etc. Other examples include experience developing written documentation (Project charters, needs analysis, process documentation, functional requirements, etc.).
2. Strong Communication Skills & presentation skills. This person must be personable, confident and build rapport and trust easily. This person will be customer facing and making presentations to leadership. Includes updating on the status of the team, honest health assessment of the project, and ability to communicate to leadership when a project is off schedule.
3. Project Management experience of applications development projects.
Our company has an immediate need for an exceptional individual to join our organization as a PMI Certified Project Manager, PMP or PMI-ACP certification required, This opportunity is based in Frankfort, KY and will be both in-office and remote. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, critical thinking skills, possess leadership skills, and will be committed to delivering successful and quality work products that meet the needs of the Cabinet. The candidate must have the ability to envision impacts and possibilities of their work on the broader labor organization and apply those thoughts to improve project management efforts.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the management of the project work by facilitating communication with the business unit/customer, project team, and other stakeholders as necessary related to requirements and proposed solution for the project. The PM will manage projects utilizing PMI agile
methodology, the foundation of which is built around the practice of team collaboration. The PM must be customer facing, have a professional appearance, energetic personality and utilize effective communication skills. The candidate should require minimal supervision and direction in order to accomplish assigned tasks.
By working with the project team members, the PM is expected to gain a high level understanding of the business processes, using that knowledge to guide the team in making appropriate decisions for the project that will drive improvements and provide value to the end user.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in IT or equivalent combination of experience/knowledge
· PMI Certification – PMP and/or PMI-ACP
· 2-3 Years’ experience working with businesses to identify and document IT needs and facilitate
· Experience and comfort with project management, project planning, and documentation
· Knowledge of, and experience with, agile project management methodologies
· Strong decision-making, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills
· Detail oriented with advanced problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently/self-reliant and show initiative with minimum supervision
· Ability to quickly learn new technology and apply appropriately to business situations
· Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast paced team atmosphere
· Ability to work under pressure; meet strict deadlines
· Ability to listen effectively and seek clarification
· Ability to build a rapport with customers
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Must be able to effectively and comfortably
communicate with all types of individuals from the technical experts to executive leadership
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072