Posting ID: JP-002659408
Papa John's is seeking a Technical Lead on their Payments team.
Technical Lead is responsible for leading a product team and contributing to software design, development, and overall product lifecycle for a product that our customers love. In addition to pairing with other engineers and architects, technical leads field questions from other product teams and encourage cross-team collaboration. They create foundational code elements that can be reused. They define software level objectives for products.
As a Technical Lead, you will be an extremely knowledgeable engineer on the product team and are expected to build and grow the skillsets of the more junior engineers. You are action oriented, taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, energy, and enthusiasm. You consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances. There is also an expectation that the Technical Lead will demonstrate expertise around modern software design and development.
70% - Delivery and Execution:
• Build rapid prototypes to explore viability of solutions fit to product strategy and upon alignment from stakeholders scale the solution and productionize it
• Identifies, implements, and shares technical solutions that can be used across the organization
• Identifies unsecured code areas and implements fixes as they are discovered
• Identifies product enhancements (client-facing or technical) to create a better experience for the end users
• Collaborates with Enterprise Architects and with Chief Architecture Owners
• Contributes to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, or engineering empowerment
• Defines service level objectives for product to constantly measure their reliability in production and help prioritize backlog work
• Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases
• Writes custom code or scripts to do “destructive testing” to ensure adequate resiliency in production
• Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
• Identifies product enhancements (customer-facing or technical) to create a better experience for the end users
• Creates meaningful architecture diagrams and other documentation needed for security reviews or other interested parties
20% - Support and Enablement:
• Field questions from other product teams or support teams
• Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
• Provides application support for software running in production
• Proactively monitors production and lower life cycle environments service level objectives for products
• Works with vendors and open-source community to help identify and implement feature enhancements in software products
• Works with other product teams to create API specifications and contracts for shared data
• Proactively reviews the performance and capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
• Triages high priority issues and outages as they arise
• Conducts technical interviews of job applicants and contractors to evaluate their skills
10% - Learning:
• Participates in and leads learning activities around modern software design and development
• Learns, through reading, tutorials, and videos, new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
• Attends conferences and learns how to apply new technologies where appropriate
cloud, devops, Java, Solution architecture, Solution architect, gcp, google cloud, nosql, erpss, daiss
Top Skills Details:
cloud,devops,Java,Solution architecture,Solution architect,gcp,google cloud,nosql, erpss, daiss
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Nice to Have's:
Payment experience with something like Visa, Mastercard, DIscover, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or financial transactions of any kind.
Familiarity with SRE and resiliency concepts in development. Quality, security and resiliency are top of mind
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072