Posting ID: JP-002178539
Day-to-day responsibilities including daily Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Operations associated with cytology preparation, case distribution, digital slide scanning technology equipment, facility, and materials. The candidate would be responsible for organizing, processing and appropriately distributing fine needle aspirate and fluid samples to pathologists. Commonly processed veterinary cytology samples include fine needle aspirate-biopsy from various organs and tissues, fluid analysis of cavitary effusions, CFS analysis, respiratory washes, joint fluid analysis and various other submissions.
• This candidate would be responsible for working directly with lab operations and clinical pathology leadership to create SOPs and provide input on new equipment including stainers, technology related to digital slide scanning and help create case distribution infrastructure.
• Ability to operate, troubleshoot and supervise the use of all clinical laboratory equipment, especially pertaining to cytology preparation equipment (slide stainer, cytocentrifuge, digital slide scanners, etc).
• Demonstrated ability to build, develop and work within a clinical laboratory team, including creative problem solving and flexibility to meet rapid growth.
• Strong IT and LIS (laboratory information systems) experience and general high comfort level with computer systems, technology, and equipment interfaces.
• Expertise in clinical laboratory operations with comprehensive knowledge of high throughput hematology, chemistry, immunoassay, urinalysis, O&P/fecal and related analyzers/diagnostics is also desired but not required.
• 2+ years of experience in laboratory operations including familiarity with daily supervisory roles.
• An MLT/MT degree or equivalent required.
• Team oriented, friendly and loves a challenge.
• A candidate with leadership experience or aspires to leadership is highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
• Robust organizational and time management skills.
• Experience in the veterinary field strongly preferred, but not required. Other experience considered as applicable.
• Competitive compensation package, including base wages and bonus.
Recruiter: Juan Dozier