Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003779048
- Will be managing renovations for existing buildings. Buildings include health care, mostly education (K-12), commercial, industrial, office buildings, etc.
- Projects can include HVAC upgrades, lighting, ceiling, roofing, windows, doors, any renovation that could occur
- Project costs range from $200k-$3 million. TRANE supplies own equipment, so majority of cost is for the equipment and not necessarily price for install
- This group does not self perform, so is subbing all this work out. So will be in charge of managing subs and back office scheduling/budget
- All projects are within an hour from Lenexa office. Project will be mostly in KS (Salina, Emporia, Ft. Scott for Summer 2023). Gas is reimbursed and will be provided after 6 months (truck shortage at this time)-IRS rate
- Actalent will provide holiday and 1 week of PTO
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and developing communication plans with both internal and external stakeholders to provide timely project updates
- Leads all aspects of project administration including, responsibility for knowledge of and adherence to contract penalty clauses and / or liquidated damages, analyzing reporting to identify project deficiencies and provides guidance on corrective actions, managing projects to business compliance, project documentation, safety guidelines, and maneuvering through governing agencies requirements including the state, city, county, federal and local level
- Financially manages all aspects of projects including cash flow, monthly forecasted cost / revenue, forecasted cost at completion, monitoring expenses, collections support, applied cost, and oversees preparation and communications for monthly backlog review with leaders.
- Validate project scope, cost, schedule by reviewing contract documents, holding internal meetings and establishing customer expectations, and identify risks and developing mitigation plans
- Utilizes properly qualified subcontractors, oversees subcontractor RFQ process, awards subcontracts, manages subcontractor execution, and collaborates with subcontractors to establish communication guidelines for project progress, project meetings, billing expectations and project safety.
- Create and maintain project schedules utilizing tasks, dependencies, milestones
Project management, Construction management, mechanical, field supervision, procore
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
5+ years of construction management experience. Both field/office
Degree in electrical/mechanical engineering or construction management
Must have scheduling software experience. Does not matter what, but need to be using some software to manage schedule. Currently using ProCore
Experience managing mechanical systems installs is highly preferred.