Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003776855
Under the direction of the Vice Provost/Director or designee, the Administrative Coordinator performs complex and varied duties associated with the coordination of departmental administrative functions.
- Participate in the planning and organization of all office functions, including budgeting, policies, procedures, and procurement
- Compile budget information, support department accounting, and assist with all fiscal projects
- Monitor the disbursement of funds to determine appropriateness of expenditures and compliance within budget
- Coordinate travel
- Perform complex and varied executive/administrative functions which require a high degree of independent action
- Design and produce graphics using a variety of software applications
- Train staff in both basic and enhanced use of software applications
- Oversee, train, and monitor clerical staff
- Maintain confidentiality and safeguard department records regarding employee job descriptions, performance appraisals, and other sensitive information
- Set priorities and procedures for accomplishing tasks, assign and coordinate support staff activities, and manage the workflow of the department
- Respond to emergencies, independently prioritize activities in the absence of the department heads, and effectively coordinate other resources when necessary
- Act as a liaison and respond to the requests of constituent groups, leadership, and employees within the organization
- Performs other duties as required.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in executive/administrative coordination, or related experience
- Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Strong grammar, spelling, and oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated the ability to organize and manage a complex office environment with minimal supervision Demonstrated initiative and independent judgment in organizing and completing projects.
- Advanced proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets/data analysis, presentation, and PDF development, formatting, and editing.
- Knowledge of NIH requirements related to documentation formats (e.g., biosketches, grants)
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to use tact and discretion in interactions with stakeholders at all levels internal and external to the institution.
- Primary point of contact for Director's office and will be available onsite as required for efficient office function, receiving guests, etc.
- This will be a hybrid work model with the understanding that the Administrative Coordinator will be available and onsite as required to appropriately support the Director.
- Act as a liaison and respond to the requests of constituent groups, leadership, and employees within the organization. Maintain updated CVs, biosketches, tables, and other administrative documents necessary for grant submissions.
Recruiter: Megan Kiley
Phone: (781) 356-6935