Senior Systems Engineer
World Wide Technology
Posted Thursday, December 15, 2022
Posting ID: 5000911579100
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8000 individuals and closed nearly $14.5 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Sr Systems Engineer to join our Government Services Team.
Why should you join the Government Services team?
Our Government Services team provides cleared resources with a global reach to federal civilian, Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence community markets. We excel at delivering innovative, operationally ready, and cost-effective IT solutions that accelerate the interoperability and resiliency of mission critical systems.
Want to learn more about our Government Services? Check us out on our platform:
Who are we looking?
The ideal candidate is a smart, passionate technologist who wants to bring together the best of IT operations and customer support. We seek to blend systems engineering and operations to design, develop, run, and scale IT systems to support our stakeholders and business.
What will you be doing?
As a member of the internal IT team, you will support our customers’ missions by ensuring our enterprise systems are sustained in accordance with industry standards and providing our employees with the resources they need to deliver our services. You will be responsible for maintaining our core image, providing end user support, supporting the Active Directory environment, and sustaining applications for Mobile Device Management, Microsoft Exchange, Antivirus, SQL, and backup solution. The selected candidate will also be responsible for managing the virtual infrastructure supporting the overall IT environment.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Required administration of Windows Active Directory to include users, computers, group policy, and organizational structure.
- Strong ability to manage VMware and VXRail hyperconverged infrastructure in support of all production applications and services
- Provide system support to application engineers maintaining business applications.
- Support and manage relationships with vendors and other groups within WWT to ensure hardware and software maintenance agreements are current and properly licensed
- Basic understanding of imaging of Windows and Apple laptops and management of core image.
- Assist the team with ensuring System and Endpoint inventory management is current and accurate
- Understanding of system patching, sustainment activities for production and disaster recovery environments to include replication and backup solution.
- Ability to help maintain security posture of environments to include Endpoint Management software, Antivirus software as well as system and application monitoring platforms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience administering Windows 2012R2, Windows 2016 & Windows 2019 servers to include DFS, Microsoft Exchange and SQL.
- Minimum 3 years of experience required working with VMware ESX.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferred working with a Mobile Device Management and Endpoint Management Platforms such as Workspace ONE, Ivanti, Patchlink, BigFix, Tanium, or SCCM.
- Proven experience required managing DNS, Email security, SSL certifications, and system monitoring solutions
- Experience with Netwrix and Veeam preferred.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) is preferred.
- Microsoft certification such as MCSE, MCSA, MTA, or similar certification preferred.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT – it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness programs
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Job Number: #22-2419
Posting Locations:Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Washington, District of Columbia
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072