Job Search & More
Site Superintendent & SSHO (Federal Construction)
Posted Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003911628
Site Safety and Health Officer Description: Actalent's client is a federal construction contractor supporting ongoing at the Naval Academy in Annapolis MD. We are seeking a Site Safety and Health Officer to oversee multiple federal construction projects supporting NAVFAC within the Naval Academy.
Qualified applicants should have 5-7 years experience in total with 5 continuous years supporting federal construction as an SSHO. This is a requirement and resumes must be approved by NAVFAC prior to receiving an offer for this position.
Site Safety and Health Officer Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of technical and safety management aspects of all project construction activities.
- Knowledge of public and construction safety and security issues and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application, and use in problem solving.
- Must be able to understand, interpret, and apply regulatory requirements applicable to the project scope of work.
- Ability to lead and coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time effectively.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently and efficiently under limited supervision.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell or predict when something is wrong; able to revise and adapt as necessary.
- Strong coordination, time management, active listening, verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Self-motivated, able to learn quickly and independently.
- Computer literacy and basic knowledge of MS Office.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years experience in total with 5 continuous years supporting federal construction as an SSHO (government requirement)
- OSHA 30
- CHST or Degree
Actalent's client is a prominent Federal Construction Contractor located in Crofton, MD. We are seeking a Site Superintendent to oversee various phases of construction projects at the Naval Academy Annapolis. GSA has awarded them multiple projects (interior renovations) and they are ramping up staff to help support this workload.
Superintendent Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of relevant project experience in a construction superintendent role.
Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of Federal experience on projects ranging from $200K-6M.
Candidate must hold EM385-1-1, and Osha30.
USACE and NAVFAC experience is major plus.
Recruiter: Christopher Stern
Phone: (410) 567-8065