Senior Software Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002665772
Actalent is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer perform full life-cycle software development including designing system and software solutions; supporting implementation, integration and testing; and finally participating in deployment, monitoring and field troubleshooting. The candidate will work closely with members of other teams such as system engineering, system performance, network engineering, system acceptance, etc.
Our system is a critical part of a global aviation network infrastructure where communication protocols and high availability are integral elements of the
overall design. The candidate will primarily develop system software for air-ground and ground-ground communication, radio interfaces, command and control, data logging, test tools, hardware/OS customization with industry compliant security and hardening features.
* The ideal candidate will possess five (5) or more years of communication or system software development experience.
* The ideal candidate will have experience using disciplined development processes in a team environment.
* The ideal candidate must possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Desired Experience: C++/Python, Object Oriented Design, Linux, Network Protocols, Data Communication, High Availability and Security.
* Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other STEM degrees.
- Considered a specialist in a specific software area or generalist in multiple software areas and recognized in their business unit.
- Provides direction to team and other technical disciplines in the performance of sophisticated analysis, design and testing of complex software systems.
- Significant domain knowledge of department products and systems.
- Serve as a software architect to plan, analyze, design, test and document software of high complexity and contribute to system integration.
- Recommend new tools and techniques to achieve continuous improvement in software development processes.
- Decisions may have significant impact on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Act as a mentor to engineers in additional areas including domain knowledge and lessons learned.
- Lead preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Estimate, track, and report project costs and schedules while managing scope & risk.
- May lead cross-functional / domain teams in a Project Engineering role.
- Provide input to technical & product roadmaps.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072