Sr. Project Manager-Federal
World Wide Technology
Posting ID: 5000820053106
Sr. Project Manager-Federal
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 6,500 individuals and closed nearly $12 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Sr. Project Manager to join our Infrastructure Services (IS) team within the PMO.
Why should you join the PMO?
As A Project Manager within WWT, you will be working on exciting infrastructure driven projects for Fortune 500 customers across all verticals. Our global infrastructure planning and deployment services deliver thousands of projects each year. From employing our methodologies at hundreds of sites to leveraging complete enterprise design services, customers trust our infrastructure experts to assess the technology they have today and design the solutions they need for tomorrow.
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects with multiple work streams for global conferencing technology implementation services.
- Ability to create in depth WBS with interdependencies and a defined critical path
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills; Develop and execute an efficient internal and external communication strategy for ensuring communication with all levels of management within the team
- Monitor and report on project progress to stakeholders
- Build and strengthen relationships with the customer and stakeholders (internal and external)
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of resource plans ensuring effective resource allocation and distribution across portfolio of projects
- Utilize project management tools and techniques to improve execution and drive efficiencies.
- Implements engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology
- Ensure profitable and successful execution of all assigned engagements as measured by regional goals and customer feedback
- Proactively manage changes in project scope
- Effectively create and execute risk management plans
- Manage and analyze profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects
- Understand and manage key project financial components to ensure projects are delivered within budget
- Responsible for quality and timely execution of deliverables across projects
- Security Clearance desired
- Federal/DoD background with thorough understanding of how to read and interpret government contract awards
- Networking, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, Security or Collaboration (Unified Communications) Project Management experience required
- Experience in a Professional Services environment is required (critical: must have led external customer facing projects not internal operational projects)
- Knowledge of both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management. PMP certification is desired.
- Understanding of financial processes; ability to understand, analyze and create financial reports
- Extensive experience with people management, strategic planning, and change management
- Proven experience with risk management; demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to leadership
- Understanding of and the ability to utilize the process of stakeholder analysis
- Ability to work independently and aggressively track to project timelines
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers
- Experience in effectively influencing and leading personnel and the ability to write business reports in a well-organized manner
- Strong team building skills
- Excellent problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Proficiency with project management software
Want to learn more about Infrastructure Services? Check us out on our platform: https://www.wwt.com/infrastructure-services
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
WWT has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be discussed in the pre-hire process.
Job Number: #22-0253
Posting Locations:Baltimore, Maryland
Washington, District of Columbia
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072