Posting ID: JP-002342988
• Files QC documents, MSDSs, Certificates of Analysis, and tested and retain samples.
• Maintains/empties waste chemical reservoirs.
• Maintains the QC Retain Room to include correct filing of retains, archiving of older samples, and retrieving retains for comparative testing.
• Tests and inspects raw materials and finished products according to specifications to include analytical as well as sensory analysis.
• Interprets formulas and confers with management to determine quality and reliability standards.
• Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as chemical and sensory characteristics.
• Records test data both on the computerized system and in a legible manner on appropriate forms.
• Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
• Sets up and performs destructive and non-destructive tests on raw materials, finished products, in process solutions, and raw material rechecks to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
• Must develop the ability to detect differences in taste, odor, physical properties, and appearance for raw materials and finished products.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree in Science related field is preferred for this role.
Minimum 0-1 years experience in QC Laboratory preferred (could have an internship or specific classes or industry experience
Strong organizational, statistical/math, and sensory (taste/odor) skills a plus
GCFID or GCMS experience a definite plus.
Sensory experience is a HUGE PLUS
Routine testing of raw materials and finished products
Assist in the Development of Analytical Testing procedures/protocols for raw materials and finished products
Assist in trouble shooting resolutions to problem formulas and raw materials
Participate with ideas and solutions for work flow process and quality improvement
Will interact with numerous groups within the organization for problem resolution and new projects
Will participate on Sensory Evaluation Team (taste/odor)
-moisture balance measuring
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Gordon Parks