Posting ID: JP-002413067
• Networking with suppliers, vendors and transporters for the procuring of various commodities in support of product production.
• Coordinating with other functional teams in support of their requirements and placing purchase orders in accordance with the same.
• Ensuring that all the goods comply with the delivery, price and quality requirements as committed to in supplier quotes.
• Fulfilling USG compliant purchase orders and completing all required documentation for the purchasing goods.
• Evaluating the level of inventory against current demand prior to pursuing additional purchases.
• Attending all required purchasing and other related training activities.
• Coordinating all work related processes with fellow workers.
• Completing all tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Knowledge of an ERP System preferred.
• Evaluates suppliers’ prices, quality of products and average shipping times, to determine their capacity to support Thales’ needs.
• Identifies opportunities to establish Long Term Agreements (LTAs) with strategic suppliers.
• Visits suppliers' plants or distribution centers to learn their products and production processes.
• Manages PPV (Purchase Price Variance).
• Manage supplier delivery performance.
• Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
• Communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrates support for company values and vision and embrace Core Values
• Maintain a high ethical standard of practice, including compliance with all company procedures.
buyer purchasing, mechanical, commodity, erp, aerospace, drawings, manufacturing, purchase requisitions, purchase order, far, dfar, oracle database, mrp, deltek, Procurement
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• BS/BA degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
• CPPM / CPIM certification or equivalent preferred.
• Experience with CPSR events preferred.
• Solid negotiation skills.
• Understanding of QAPs.
• Understand ERP System related to purchase requirements such as MRP, Master Schedule, Planning, and Configuration Management.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts such as Kanban, Kaizen, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
• Knowledge of Engineering Data such as specification control drawing & source control drawing.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072