Posting ID: JP-002656697
1. Assist with grant solicitation review and proactively obtain clarification and resolve issues/questions with solicitation.
2. Develop proposal budgets and prepare supporting documents that are required by proposal guidelines and interact with Scientific Center Administrative Directors and Office of Contracts and Grants Management (OCGM) to assist with the review and to ensure accuracy of budgets, compliance and required regulations, and incorporation of all required elements. Assist with tracking the status of contract negotiations, budget negotiations, and status of Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions.
1. Assist in the review and interpretation of award terms and conditions and facilitate project start-up meetings with investigator(s) and research staff, including the set-up of new awards in the PeopleSoft Grants Module, and submit for review. Notify departments of award set up, combo codes, and account activation. Work with the financial and central billing offices to fix any award set up issues.
2. Review and process transactions, expenditures, invoices and reports for adherence to sponsor guidelines and institutional policies and procedures. Assistant with sub recipient monitoring and procurement management following 2 CFR 200.
3. Assist and/or complete monthly billing for federal and fee-based federal research studies.
4. Assist with gathering and developing close out documentation for OCGM, Office of Finance Management (OFM), and MedStar Health accounting/billing.
5. Monitor budgetary and contractual aspects for each Scientific Center.
6. Provide fiscal services to include assistance with reconciliation, interface with OFM and PPS, and facilitate account close-out activities. Report and help to resolve fiscal issues of Scientific Centers.
7. Review and disseminate monthly financial reports for each Scientific Center, including administrative accounts.
8. Ability to work under pressure and complete multiple, competing tasks and deadlines with a high degree of accuracy for multiple scientific centers.
1. Consistently demonstrates support for financial compliance in the performance of job duties and responsibilities by a) developing and maintain knowledge of, and performing job functions in compliance with, rules, regulations, policies, and statutes that affect his/her job: b) maintain knowledge of and performing job functions in compliance with MedStar Health and MedStar Health Research Institute policies and procedures; and c) reporting compliance concerns in an appropriate and timely manner. Implement and ensure the application of institutional and departmental policies and procedures related administrative activities. Identify and implement ways to improve efficiency and increase productivity and profitability.
2. Assist in the development of annual budgets for all research activities.
3. Assist with the purchase and maintenance of equipment, including purchase orders, licensing agreements, consulting agreements, and competitive bidding. Process vendor payments for procurements in a timely manner.
4. Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and MHRI in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Financial analysis, Reporting, Forecasting, Financial reporting, Data analysis, Analysis, Data, Modeling, Business analysis
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in health related field, business, public administration or related field is preferred.
- At least 2-3 years in research administration and experience with the principles, practices and procedures relative to research administration.
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) preferred
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072