Posting ID: JP-002091863
Robotics Engineer - Greenbelt, MD
- Work as a robotic systems integration & test engineer in a hardware testing and validation effort for spaceflight HW development. Helps to work mechanical and electromechanical systems testing performed on a testbed and in a controlled environment.
- Troubleshoot and identify design issues in high reliability spacecraft robotics and provide feedback on test results.
- Create and modify existing test cases, plans, procedures to ensure the mission systems level requirements from NASA are appropriately tested and verified. Creates and modifies WOAs.
- Perform computer controlled or software application driven testing and troubleshooting as well as manual troubleshooting for high reliability robotics hardware.
- Setup and breakdown of specialty test hardware mounts and stations.
- Work to setup, coordinate and operate testing hardware racks to verify functionality of hardware to match the mission objectives.
- Oversee Test Readiness Review processes and oversee execution of the tests.
- Working with multiple teams to test HW involves frequently coordinating test efforts and communicating with different groups in order to be able to help drive the testing effort to successful completion. Leading through influence and holding individuals and teams responsible for inputs.
- Help to record, document properly and analyze test data from mechanical and electro-mechanical testing.
- Identify requirements to be validated and/or verified during the testing process.
- Formulate test plans, procedures, and work order authorization documents.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering preferred or related engineering discipline plus enough relevant experience acceptable. Specific experience in robotics or mechatronics is highly desired.
- At least 7-10 yrs of professional experience working in a high reliability environment.
- Experience with qualification and validation of hardware for systems level requirements.
- Creation of test cases and test procedures for high reliability robotics hardware.
- Experience with analyzing test results from hardware testing efforts.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072