Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Posting ID: JP-002346912
Aerotek is now hiring for a Maintenance Mechanic in Laurel, MD
- Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Follow electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Assist the work of and directs lower level maintenance employees, advising and instructing them in proper work methods and checking for adherence to instructions. Makes in process and final operational checks and tests of work completed by lower level maintenance employees
- Determine the root cause of a defect or problem by using the” 5 Why” technique with the assistance of management.
- Performs the more difficult testing, diagnosis, maintenance, adjustment and revision work, requiring a thorough knowledge of the mechanical, electrical and electronic, pneumatic, or hydraulic control and operating mechanisms of the equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine repairs on complex control circuitry, bearings, chains, sprockets, conveyors, motors, belts and belting, and other moving parts or wearing surfaces of all production equipment.
- Observes the various components of the system in operation and applies appropriate testing methods and procedures to insure continued proper functioning
- Locate the source of and rectifies trouble in involved or questionable cases, or in emergency situations where expert attention is required to locate and correct the defect quickly to avoid or minimize interruption in production.
- Install or alter equipment as needed and/or directed
- Report the circumstances around equipment failures, and recommends measures for their correction
- Read schematics, blue prints, wiring diagrams, and specifications in locating and correcting operate/monitor the computer based refrigeration system and monitoring device and Process Safety Management documentation, work order/inventory control.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components. Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and re-assemble repaired systems.
- Test lines, components and connections for leaks.
- Interpret and understand blue prints and schematics.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges and precision instruments, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, jacks and hoists (Must have own hand tools)
The ideal candidate:
- Must have experience working a manufacturing environment, preferably a GMP facility
- Must have electrical troubleshooting experience
- Must have mechanical troubleshooting experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Marco Romanell