Posting ID: JP-002351334
Skilled Carpenters Needed!!! Join a team with an expanding company that recently received several large projects that will increase workload through the winter months and beyond in Construction. Join the team of Carpenters and continue your career in the trade!
The Carpenter will be laying out framing materials for wall, floor and roof assemblies on production tables according to blueprints. Uses blueprints to measure, cut, and assemble special items to be inserted into wall, floor and roof elements.
● Maintains a safe, clean, and organized working environment in production line and preparation areas by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
● Manually move wall elements from a wall transfer table into wall magazine.
● Lays out and aligns materials on worktable or in assembly jig according to specified instructions.
● Fastens materials together on assembly tables, using hand tools and power tools, to form building or bracing.
● Tasks which the candidate must be able to perform but will be occur infrequently are:
● Measures and marks location of studs, leaders, and receptacle openings.
● Cuts sidings and moldings, sections of weatherboard, openings in sheetrock, and lumber, using hand tools and power tools.
● Trims overlapping edges of wood, weatherboard, using portable router or power saw, and hand tools.
● Removes surface defects, using knife, scraper, wet sponge, electric iron, and sanding tools.
● Repairs or replaces defective locks, hinges, cranks, and pieces of wood, using glue, hand tools, and power tools.
● Measures cut materials to determine conformance to specifications, using tape measure.
● Examines wood surfaces for defects, such as nicks, cracks, or blisters.
● Fills cracks, seams, depressions, and nail holes with filler.
● Moves panel or roof section to other workstations or to storage or shipping area, using electric hoist.
● Trains other members of the team on how to create specific panels.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
framing, blueprint, tape measure, Window installation, door installation, 80lb lift
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Andrew Tischbein