Posting ID: JP-002659226
The Scientist will work on the advancement of companies Chemical Sensors and Systems,
primarily supporting federally funded programs in these areas. This would include in-depth
characterization of sensors in various complex environments (such as different climates and chemical
backgrounds) and conducting experiments on various methods to improve sensor performance
• Characterize sensors and systems against a broad range of test conditions for chemical and
• Work with Sensor Fabrication team on projects to improve sensor performance and develop
new sensors for different chemicals or applications. This would include testing different designs,
characterizing performance and working to understand fundamental effects on sensor.
• Test and evaluate different system performance improvement strategies (often breadboard /
• Summarize key findings and present data, both for internal and external stakeholders. Should
be able to summarize key findings relevant to end customer needs.
• Assist in preparing technical reports, status updates and other programmatic documentation.
research & development, data collection and analysis, lab environment, test procedure, data analysis, data reporting, Chemist, Characterization, electronic measurements, resistance, chemical vapors, Surface Chemistry, materials science, Sensor, Data science, LabView, Python, Semiconductor, MEMS, device development, device fabrication, Chemical Defense, sensor technology, nano engineering, nano science, nano technology
Top Skills Details:
research & development,data collection and analysis,lab environment,test procedure,data analysis,data reporting,Chemist,Characterization,electronic measurements,resistance,chemical vapors,Surface Chemistry,materials science
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to develop and execute experimental plans independently
• Experience with electronics measurements (resistance, impedance, etc.).
• Knowledge of chemistry and able to conduct experiments with chemical vapors in laboratory
• Strong data analysis and data presentation skills. Ability to explain technical concepts to those
outside of the discipline.
• Previous experience in the development of sensors, especially chemical sensors, or other MEMS
• Advanced technical degree in science discipline. 3-5 years work experience.
• Knowledge of surface chemistry and interactions with gas species.
• Experience with programming for automation and data processing (LabView, Python or similar)
• Knowledge or experience in Semiconductor / MEMS device development and fabrication
• Experience working on federally funded projects, especially Defense or Homeland Security
related. Specific experience in Chemical Defense / CBRNE is ideal.
Independently plan, execute, and report the results of experiments and tests in support of these objectives.
An advanced technical degree (Engineering or Science) is required as is at least some experience in chemistry, electronics and
Additional skills in programming (LabView, Python), data science, and advanced knowledge of chemical sensors are desired. Previous experience working on federally funded projects (such as SBIR or DoD research grants) is a plus.
Key words to use in your search from the CEO: Nanoscience, nanoengineering, material science, semiconductor, surface science, surface engineering, chemistry, surface chemistry, nanotechnology, catalyst, chemical synthesis, Gas sensor, chemical detection, and photocatalysis.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072