Posting ID: JP-002178031
Plant Operator/Technician with 1-5 years of operation & maintenance experience on mobile or stationary engine generator sets up to 1500 kW. Specific experience monitoring plant operations, performing maintenance and repairs on CAT G3500 and G3600 gas engines or similar piston engines, controls, generators and ancillary equipment is desired. Primary responsibilities are daily maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical generator sets and equipment. Additional responsibilities include keeping a spare parts inventory, maintenance, planning/scheduling, record keeping and reporting.
• Strong commitment to safety and active participation in safety training.
• Performs facility inspections, maintenance and repairs of plant equipment.
• Monitors and adjusts plant system controls to maximize performance and prevent equipment failure.
• Responds to plant alarms with designated supervision to learn appropriate corrective action and execute plant shut-down and start-up procedures.
• Maintains plant compliance with state and federal permitting requirements, complete all daily, monthly, or annual reporting per requirements.
• Performs maintenance tasks as necessary (i.e. repair or replace worn or broken parts and equipment).
• Performs administrative duties as necessary including daily, weekly, monthly logs and reports (i.e. unit conditions, maintenance, operations, performance, and downtime).
• Maintains an inventory of tools, parts, fluids and other supplies for plant operations.
• Orders/purchases materials and supplies as required.
• Communicate and coordinate plant activities with clients (utility company and landfill personnel).
• Assists other Company facilities as directed by management.
• Completes all Company and regulatory training.
• Performs random security inspections and various security checks around the plant.
mechanical aptitude, generator, engine
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 1-5 years of operation and maintenance experience on mobile or stationary engine generator sets up to 1500kW
• Unyielding dedication to safety and able to positively represent the company’s safety culture
• Must possess ability to read and interpret operations and safety manuals, analyze and apply basic troubleshooting and repair techniques on plant equipment.
• Must possess various computer skills (Word, Excel, PLC and email systems).
• The ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision is a must.
• The work schedule is 7am-4pm M-F, however, positions requires on-call 24/7 on a rotating basis.
• Responds to all plant call outs, on assigned days, in case of any emergencies and failures.
• Overtime maybe required to meet various business needs.
• Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to crouch, bend and kneel for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work in an environment of constant loud noises and extreme heat.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Hadley Poss
Phone: (240) 629-7116