NPD Test Technician
Posting ID: JP-002662563
One of our top clients is looking for a Test Technician to bring onto their team!
• Mainly support New Product Development in the testing of new products and processes.
• Routinely use devices such as scales, verniers, dial indicators, calipers, electronic indicators, pressure sensing instruments, and other more complex instruments and machines, both mechanical and electronic, to conduct periodic physical measurements of potential product.
• Build and test prototype units for a wide variety of building components.
• Utilize computer software programs to manipulate and transmit data and prepare unbiased graphical analysis of tested samples.
• Write test procedures that list the steps that can be used by Quality Control after NPD.
• Participate in studies to verify measurement processes to continuously improve turnaround time, precision and accuracy.
• Ensure the integrity of the retained physical sample filing system.
• Communicate and explain testing and statistical choices used to generate results to members of other departments as required.
• Support engineering in the qualification of new materials via tracking pilots and presenting data as a complete package in a non-biased summary.
• Maintain necessary files, records, and computer databases of historical information.
• Research and implement improved measurement techniques and equipment.
• Work directly and independently with Manufacturing, Research and Development, Quality and other departments as required.
• Participate in 5S activities and work to sustain 5S initiatives.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072