Help Desk Technician
Posting ID: JP-002658892
Top Skills' Details - Long Term contract
1. Minimum of 3 years experience providing end user support for network printers and workstations running Windows 7 or higher in an Active Directory environment
2. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/10
3. Experience with an enterprise level ticketing system (our client uses Jira)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy. Additionally, it may involve troubleshooting printer issues and resolving difficulties with Hearing Room and Chamber technology. • Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority • Determines most effective manner to resolve end user technical issues. Engages in research and indepth troubleshooting to resolve problems. Consults with Operations group when necessary. • Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the user’s problems through verbal and/or email follow up. Engage customers for feedback and opportunities for improvement. • Perform remote troubleshooting and support when appropriate. • Learn and incorporate any necessary new skills and processes to provide service on new and evolving environment. • Utilize industry standards in creating, maintaining, and utilizing ticketing system. Update ticketing system with accurate and timely information • Expand and utilize knowledge base system to increase resolution times. • Monitor environment to ensure that all desktops and laptop PCs remain in compliance. • Install, test, and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software. • Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses. • Assist with onboarding and training of new users. • Escalate unresolved tickets in a timely manner through appropriate levels of escalation.
windows 7, windows 10, printers, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Jira
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Professional Knowledge and Skills:
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 SP1/Office 2010 or higher in an Active Directory environment. • Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Print Services, Shared Directories, and other network services.
• Experience configuring, maintaining, and supporting HP network printers and enterprise level MFPs (Xerox, Ricoh, HP, etc.) • Possession of excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. • Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including DHCP, ARP, DNS, routing and switching. • Ability to independently initiate, manage, execute, and report tasks, as identified. • Experience with an enterprise level ticketing system.
Experience and Education:
• Associates degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Minimum three years work experience providing end user support for network printers, workstations running Windows 7 or greater in an Active Directory environment. • CompTIA A+, Network+, or Microsoft certification preferred.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072