Job Search & More
Research Administrator I
Posted Friday, July 7, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003887921
- Manages budgets for federal and non-federal research grants, contracts and sub-contracts. Partners with the Office of Sponsored Programs to maintain databases for pending, funded, rejected and inactive grants.
- Works with Financial Analysts and others as necessary to reconcile information/reports and provide investigators with regular financial status reports in user-friendly formats. Expected to have regular meetings with investigators where projections are provided and reviewed to avoid deficit spending.
- Responsible for managing all time and effort reporting for defined areas of responsibility. Works with PIs to regularly monitor information, make changes as appropriate.
- Authorizes all expense items such as making deposits, transferring funds, assigning expenses within areas of responsibility. Works with ancillary areas such as A/P, HR, and Purchasing to ensure receipt of materials and prompt payment or resolution of any issues. (essential)
- Works with RAD and PI when hiring new faculty and transferring account, grant, equipment and staff. Collaborates with Financial Analyst, department staff and ancillary departments to ensure smooth transition of information, people and equipment.
- Assists PI with posting positions to the internal hiring management system, confirms funding for salary and ensures equitability of offers with HR and PI. Councils and assist PI with research staffing issues including corrective action plans, terminations and promotions.
- Works directly with PIs to effectively complete the new hire process for staffing in assign areas.
- Writes job descriptions, may participate in the hiring process as defined by PI or Research Administrative
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- MUST LIVE IN ONE OF THESE STATES: MA, RI, NH
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.