Job Search & More
Posted Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003896802
See below for a great opportunity to work for a MAJOR hospital in Boston as a Phlebotomist!
Apply TODAY to learn more - We are actively interviewing for this role!
The Phlebotomist will perform, under supervision, routine and specialized blood drawing from patient to obtain specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The Phlebotomist must accurately and efficiently obtain venous or capillary blood specimens from patients for use in laboratory testing following Laboratory policies and procedures, transport the specimen to the laboratory, perform pre-analytic processing procedures and complete all associated documentation both written and computerized.
• Perform venipunctures, including blood culture collection, and fingersticks ensuring proper ID/labeling of specimens and using vein preservation techniques.
• Perform and report bleeding times according to standard operating procedures.
• Ensure adequate stocking of supplies and report needs to phlebotomy leaders.
• Transports specimen from site of collection to site of testing.
• Participates in laboratory programs for QA, competency, mandatory training and continuing education.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Phlebotomy certification preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Must have good communication skills and the ability to make the patient relaxed and comfortable.
2. Must be able to perform heelsticks, fingersticks, and venipunctures on populations previously defined.
3. Must have ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
4. Must have good organizational skills and be flexible to adjust schedule in accordance with the needs of the laboratory.
5. Must have the ability to interpret laboratory requisitions.
Recruiter: Natalie Burns