Research Associate I
Posting ID: JP-002663880
Actively hiring multiple Research Associates (Level I-III) in the Boston/Cambridge area! Please apply today or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Research Associate I, with guidance from more experienced scientists, assists in the day to day experimental work that includes execution of bench experiments, and gathering and assembling of data. Working in a team setting, the Research Associate I will primarily be involved in Research and Development projects assisting in translating research ideas and concepts into the product development pipeline towards development of diagnostic assay products.
Essential Duties Include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Generate data; accurately record and analyze results of bench level experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Operate scientific instrumentation related to performance of duties and notifies appropriate personnel of any problems.
- Effectively utilize and apply established methods or technologies.
- Maintain lab notebook in a complete and consistent manner, following all legal, ISO, and QSR requirements, as well as keeping clear and complete.
- Prepare reports and documentation providing the experimental methods and results.
- Communicate experimental results to supervisor or other scientists.
- Possess potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others, and independent thought.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Work with project team members on assignments to meet department and project objectives.
- Ability to complete assignments in expected time frames.
- Ability to work in a BSL-2 environment following Biosafety guidelines.
- Ability to communicate project status to project leader.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072