Job Search & More
Posted Monday, July 10, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003895298
The Phlebotomist will perform, under supervision, routine and specialized blood drawing from patient to obtain specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The Phlebotomist must accurately and efficiently obtain venous or capillary blood specimens from patients for use in laboratory testing following Laboratory policies and procedures, transport the specimen to the laboratory, perform pre-analytic processing procedures and complete all associated documentation both written and computerized.
- Perform venipunctures, including blood culture collection, and fingersticks ensuring proper ID/labeling of specimens and using vein preservation techniques.
- Perform and report bleeding times according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure adequate stocking of supplies and report needs to phlebotomy leaders.
- Transports specimen from site of collection to site of testing.
- Participates in laboratory programs for QA, competency, mandatory training and continuing education.
- Monday - Friday First Shift
Recruiter: Megan Kiley
Phone: (781) 356-6935