Posting ID: JP-002664443
We are rapidly expanding our R&D team and are seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated individual to play a key role in providing analytical support for the R&D Team. This individual in Analytical Sciences will work closely with the R&D Team at the Company, performing a range of analytical assays to quantify and characterize analytes in our pathways and our products. Responsibilities include development and execution of sample extraction methods, HPLC, LC-MS, IC, & CE methods, along with corresponding data analysis.
• Perform analytical testing that supports various activities in early development
• Operate and maintain analytical instrumentation, including HPLC/UPLC/IC systems, QQQ mass spectrometers, high-resolution mass spectrometers, high-throughput capillary electrophoresis systems, and automated liquid handlers
• Review and deliver reports to multidisciplinary R&D team members
• Track assay performance: execute detail-oriented data mining, trending, and statistical evaluation to assess assay performance and data integrity
• Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to manager and other team members
• Work collaboratively with other R&D team members to accomplish project goals and milestones
• Use creative problem-solving skills to troubleshoot experimental challenges
• Apply DOE methodology to optimize assays for minimal CV and increased reproducibility
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• B.S. in analytical chemistry, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or related field
• 3+ years’ experience, preferably in an analytical chemistry group at an industrial biotechnology company; relevant graduate research will be considered
• Knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry, biochemistry, and microbial metabolism a plus
• Method development experience, with a proven track record of successfully developing sample extraction methods and robust, specific LC quantification assays
• Experience with nucleotide and oligonucleotide / nucleic acid separations is preferred
• Familiarity with diverse analytical techniques for metabolite detection/quantification
• Hands on experience troubleshooting analytical equipment is a plus
• Experience with Mass Spectrometry is required
Please reach out and apply if interested!
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072