Job Search & More
Posted Monday, July 3, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003881180
* Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
* Greet customers appropriately; treat all customers in a courteous manner
* Collects specimens according to established procedures. Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
* Reduces patient anxiety by providing a calm environment for patients before, during and after the collection process
* Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
* Fully understand all of the physicians' orders
* Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes; label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order
* Check all test requisitions or computer label against the script to ensure 100% correct
* Package specimens for transport
* Stores specimen sample according to the required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain the integrity of the specimen
* Demonstrates proficiency of proper collection methods and proper processing of all specimens
* Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations
* Attend annual department trainings
* Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries
Phlebotomy, Laboratory, Blood draw, Venipuncture, Specimen collection, centrifuge, aliquoting, Microsoft office
Top Skills Details:
Phlebotomy, Laboratory,Blood draw,Venipuncture, Specimen collection,centrifuge, aliquoting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
* Minimum of 6 months work experience performing venipunctures in a fast-paced lab or hospital setting
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Provide proof of vaccination.