Electrical Engineer (High Force Applications)
Posting ID: JP-002660277
**NEW COOL ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING OPPORTUNITY SUPPORTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS**
- Developing, reviewing, updating, modifying, and approving electrical design plans. Support new product introductions to manufacturing.
- May participate in coordinating project activity, product introduction and/or sales order requirements with customer representatives and Engineering, Marketing, and Manufacturing personnel.
- Contributes to multi-disciplinary team (Electrical/Mechanical/Firmware/Software) effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs such tasks as research and development of part or all of a product, and preparation of product and project documents and reports.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs, applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer and marketing requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods, testing properties.
- Implement new technologies, techniques, and concepts to enable functionality, simplify designs, improve reliability, and reduce overall manufacturing costs
- Acts as a technical resource to support other functions of the business, such as Manufacturing personnel, Product Management, Quality, R&D, Firmware, Sales, Technical Support and Field Service.
- Troubleshoot system and board level failures; drive containment actions and implement resolutions to prevent recurrence.
- Drives and executes design update projects that resolve issues on our current product lines leading to increased function, improved quality/reliability or resolving Customer Escalations.
- Coordinate with associate engineers, designers, drafters, technicians, and others who are assigned to the same task and/or project.
Top Skills Details:
- Motion Control,
- Power Supply
JOB SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 2-5 years of engineering experience in a design or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, fundamentals and theory, DC/DC switching power supply design, analog and digital design, and various communications protocols (i.e Ethernet, USB, CAN, SPI, RS232, and I2C).
- Experience with Control systems, Embedded Design and microprocessors and multi-layer, mixed signal PCB Design, Manufacturing, Testing and Troubleshooting (Altium experience preferred).
- Ability to diagnose electrical/mechanical problems to the root-cause. Good analytical and problem-solving ability, including an aptitude for identifying fundamentals and the ability to balance technical demands with production realities.
- Experience with lab equipment such as Analyzers, E/M devices, precision mechanisms, analog and digital circuitry, oscilloscopes, DVMs, multifunction generators, etc. and ability to solder/de-solder fine pitch components.
- Experience with machine components such as motors, motion control, sensor interfaces, interlocks, data acquisition and processing (FPGA/DSP).
- Able to prototype, debug, simulate, test, and troubleshoot electronic and electrical systems and ability to prepare clear and accurate project reports and process documentation.
- Analytical, abstract thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Albert Appiah