Posting ID: JP-002661316
Great way to get into an analytical chemistry position with a TOP company!!
Position is expected to perform a variety of routine tasks and often complex and difficult procedures independently and under supervision, in support of the conduct of normal laboratory operations. Individual is expected to detect and report problems in standardized procedures due to instrumental, sample, or test system failures. Performs a variety of routine, laboratory-based procedures. Responsible for understanding and routinely performing applicable Standard Operating Procedures, study specific protocol procedures and other laboratory assignments. This often includes recording instrument and apparatus readings on standard forms, preparation of test systems and recording and compiling laboratory data in real time in a complete and thorough manner for individual assignments. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the labs, storage and chamber areas as well as executing regular maintenance/calibration of equipment used on a regular basis. Employee is responsible for understanding and adhering to all safety and Good Laboratory Practice regulations as well as company policies. Duties are performed with minimal supervision.
1. Completion of standard procedures requiring precision and accuracy in support of laboratory operations and projects, as outlined in the department’s skill matrix for this job level
2. Must be able to effectively use balances, meters, pumps, stir plates, funnels, pipettes, burets, heating plates, fume hoods and other standard laboratory equipment.
3. Must be able to execute various glassware-cleaning procedures used in the laboratory.
4. Must be able to work with environmental samples such soils, plant tissue, animal tissues, water and sediment.
5. Must be able to work with test compounds (including radiolabeled materials), solvents, detergents, acids, bases, resins, silicones and activated carbon.
6. Must be able to keep detailed, organized records and complete required documentation for the associated tests, in "real time."
7. Must be able to execute Standard Operating Procedures.
8. Must become familiar with study protocols and testing procedures.
9. Must become familiar with identifying equipment and study-related problems, bringing them to the attention of supervisor for resolution.
10. Will assist in compilation of data books.
11. Data entry on a computer and verifying for acceptable extractability and material balance, in real-time, and decide if a repeat analysis or additional extraction is warranted.
12. Must understand and execute appropriate disposal of liquid and solid wastes.
13. Be able to use a Geiger counter for laboratory wipe test and checking for potential radioactive contamination.
14. Must be able to travel to facilities outside of Wareham laboratory to collect or process samples.
15. Be able to perform duties with respirator on an as-needed basis.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Equivalent to high school education plus 6 months progressive laboratory experience and responsibilities, or B.S. degree in a chemistry-related field, or B.S. degree in unrelated field plus 3 months applied experience may substitute for primary requirement.
Experience using and knowledge of following equipment: chromatography, GC or HPLC and/or Mass Spec, GC-Mass Spec, NMR, UV-Vis, trace level analyses, and familiarity w/GLPs
Next Position Level - Chemistry Technician II
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Aaron Fleury