Machine Design Engineer
Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003778756
Machine Design Engineer will be responsible for running with projects from start to finish. Projects typically last 3-5 weeks on the design side, but 20-50 weeks total. This individual will work alongside 4 other mechanical engineers plus manager who supports drawings at times. Company works on all specialized machinery for a multitude of industries, including Appliance, Automotive, Alternative Energy, Defense, Aero-Space, Furniture, Home Products, and Medical. Company has gained a lot of new customers since 2020, where they are doing one off designs and not repetitive work consistently. When customers come in with questions they would go to Project Engineering first and Project Engineering would reach out to individuals needed to answer questions. The machine design engineer needs to act as the expert on the mechanical side. All tracking, set up of timelines, schedules and the machining list is tracked in a Google Doc that all personnel have access to. Master Schedule for all projects will be updated in Google Docs so progress can be tracked by all different departments. BOM's are created in Solidworks, which is separate from the machining list. For Machining they have CNC Machines, benders, powder-coater's, welding, forming processes, etc.
- Project Management comes to Engineering team and have a kickoff meeting to discuss the concept
- Calculate Forces, Detailing, Concepting, Creating BOMs and Designing full machines
- Once initial concept is created, Engineer will interface with customer to get final approval.
- Engineer will take approved project back to complete detailing, stock listing and produce final machine.
- Individual will design stock list to give to Project Engineer
- Once stock list is completed and approved by Project Engineer and Customer it is given to Purchasing
- Once design is completed it will be released to print room for machining
Skills & Qualifications:
- Solidworks experience
- Special Machine Design from scratch
- PDM experience