R&D Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-002664517
The engineering R&D Lab Tech will perform the highest level of work, under direction of a Supervisor/Manager, to accurately produce assemblies and subassemblies to a production schedule.
This person's key responsibilities include performing a variety of precise mechanical, electronic, and opto-electronic assembly techniques on complicated components of Terahertz instrumentation systems. Manual dexterity and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks methodically and accurately are important. This position is an instrumental part of a manufacturing team that strives to produce the highest quality product, while meeting or exceeding all internal and customer schedules.
Duties and Major Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for mechanical, electronic, and opto-electronic assembly, in accordance with standard written work instructions.
2. Responsible for in-line inspection of all assembly work performed by self, and touch quality control inspections of work performed by others.
3. Follows Priority Dispatch, Production Control, and management staff direction to maintain production and customer deadlines.
4. Participate in LEAN manufacturing practices.
5. Responsible for maintaining point of use storage of materials in assigned work area.
6. Assists with the creation and maintenance of work instructions and other necessary assembly documents.
7. Responsible for online MES tracking of WIP.
8. Responsible for properly and completely recording required data and other information on production travelers.
9. Maintains such logs and records as Employer may require.
10. Other duties as required.
- Must be able to work with small hand-tools (screw drivers, wrenches, etc.), as well as precision assembly tools (tweezers, micrometers, etc.).
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous mechanical hardware assembly, cable/wiring assembly, and soldering experience a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written work instructions to produce acceptable assemblies and subassemblies.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team, using written and oral communication skills to interact with other members of the team.
- Must have strong ability to stay on task, focus on task at hand, and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to stand and/or walk up to 80% of the time; sit and work at an assembly station or computer for as little as 20% of the time
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072