Job Search & More
Posted Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003911245
The Mechanical (CAD) Designer position will work as part of the Engineering Team. The Designer will use software to create designs for complex projects. The Designer will collaborate and communicate with the engineering, sales, and customers to design products within the company. The Designer will utilize knowledge and experience as well as education to produce quality products to meet customer specifications. The Designer will analyze data to come up with creative solutions. The Designer will support engineers and utilizing software such as Solidworks. This position requires the ability to read instructions represented in manuals and follow these instructions. This position exists in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Support Lead ME responsible for entire battery pack for details and prints
- Support design reviews for products
- Support CAD detailing and development of existing packs (will be initial assignment coming into the group)
- Support manufacturing for updates, BOM corrections, and other needs to improve mfg.
- Utilize SolidWorks CAD software to design/ the mechanical and electrical components of battery packs for commercial and industrial applications including busbars, housings, brackets, gaskets, terminal blocks, thermal analysis, tolerance stack-ups, mfg./engineering design changes, resource to support purchasing with suppliers on print questions, warranty analysis, and wiring harnesses.
- Perform thermal and structural analysis utilizing the SolidWorks Simulation software preferred.
- Select coatings, adhesives, fasteners, gaskets and material properties for the battery components and system.
- Develop and manage BOMs, build books on new designs, build prototypes and engineering packs
- Document and trouble shoot field returns Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures
- Performs in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
- Provides advisory support and assistance to the department manager as needed.
- Responsible for meeting team targets and key performance indicators
- Participate in activities needed to support the management functions of the team.
- Follow all safety guidelines and operate in a safe manner
- Physical presence on the job is essential and necessary including weekends and holidays if deemed
- Other duties as assigned by management
solidworks, mechanical design, GD&T, sheet metal, injection mold, FEA, thermal analysis, lithium battery
Top Skills Details:
solidworks, mechanical design, GD&T
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates or technical degree in ME/Electro-mechanical design desired
- 3+ years of experience in Mechanical Design required
- Proficient in Solidworks CAD software REQUIRED; Simulation/Analysis packages a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in GD&T required.
- Experience in sheet metal, casting, injection molding or insert molding a plus.
- Knowledge of FEA and thermal analysis a plus
- Knowledge of Lithium Ion batteries, Electronics or Electrical components a plus.