Posting ID: JP-002666048
Systems Administrator (remote)
TEKsystems is helping our customer identify a system administrator for their team.
1. VMware - experience support and executing virtualization with VMware, experience here is a must. Also, they are looking to transition to 365 cloud virtualization this year.
2. Windows Server - experience with Windows server administration. Primarily a windows environment but Linux would be a plus. Active Directory management and Group Policy also important here.
3. Storage - experience with storage, they use Nimble but different technologies are fine
Looking for a Sr Systems Administrator, targeting an individual with 5+ years of experience.
• Managing, deploying and maintaining Servers, Storage, Backup and Virtualization technologies
• Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of hardware, operating systems and software
• Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring
• Remediation of escalated tickets, including Active Directory, Windows Server and VDI
• Window systems patch and security updates
• Troubleshooting system issues, suggest enhancements to improve system performance as well as writing system scripts for daily administration and supporting documentation to automate repeatable tasks
• SCCM package creation and deployment
• 5+ years’ experience with Windows server administration and virtualization with VMware (Vcenter, ESXi, Horizon, etc)
• Strong knowledge in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO’s, etc
• Experience with SCCM and WSUS
• Knowledge of PowerShell and the ability to write custom scripts
• Nimble, Veeam and Commvault experience preferred
• Linux experience a plus
• Experience administrating/supporting an Azure/AWS cloud infrastructure environment is a plus
• Self-motivated and able to take ownership and responsibility
• Strong communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences with focus on customer service
• Some on-call responsibilities for the position are expected
Manufacturing experience would be a huge plus as well!
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072