Posting ID: JP-002660466
Based in the metro Detroit area, the Resident Engineer works on-site at General Motors to assist in the development and integration of premium audio systems into new and existing vehicle designs.
The Resident Engineer will interface with General Motors engineering (mechanical, electrical, and audio) to define system requirements, investigate design and mechanization alternatives, and resolve vehicle packaging trade-offs, leading to cost-effective, manufacturable designs. GM has recently become more "hands-on" so there will be heavy interaction with GM DRE's.
They will work on the GM Full Size Truck programs and there are a lot of long term GM employees that work on this program so the Resident Engineer has to work closely with them.
Breakdown of time spent during job:
30% - Customer Management, open issues management, communication between OEM and customer
20% - Change management in the GM change management system
20% - Software releases in the GM data file system
20% - Vehicle packaging and Integration
10% - Vehicle build support for prototype and production
The Customer Engineer will
• Interface with the OEM engineering leads (electrical and audio) to define or update amplifier, speaker, and audio system requirements
• Collaborate with the OEM development teams on total vehicle integration of speakers and amplifiers (mechanical, electrical, software)
• Serve as a liaison between the OEM
• Investigate packaging and integration alternatives and communicate them to the OEM
• Lead change management efforts on the OEM side
• Release software / calibration files in the OEM systems
• Support root cause analysis and practical problem solving for production and warranty concerns
Travel: 5% - Travel within the United States, as well as to Canada and Mexico might be required. Work will be mostly onsite at GM VEC in Warren with approximately 1 day a week at the local Bose office in Bloomfield Hills, MI and occasional visits to the GM Milford Proving Grounds
Nice to Have:
- BS/MS in Automotive, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with GM systems and processes (i.e. Teamcenter, E-squared)
- Previous audio experience
- Candidates that are passionate about music/sound
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072