Posting ID: JP-002661490
This candidate will be supporting their proprietary mobile platform that is written in Android. This team's work is the client's own version of GooglePlay and the Apple Store and the ultimate goal is to have 3rd party applications successful on this platform (an example would be iHeart Radio's application).
This person will be responsible for doing everything from development to testing as the team works in a very Agile environment and before the stories are shipped as complete they go through a rigorous peer review and testing phase so they can fix any errors before are sent through.
• BS in Computer Science or other field of study along with applicable work experience
• Experience with Android UI design (including custom views)
• Experience writing Android clients for Web Services (REST, RPC, and/or SOAP)
• Experience with Android Activities and Fragments
• Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms
• Firm understanding of Intents, ContentProviders, Services, BroadcastReceivers, AsyncTask, Handlers and AIDL.
• Experience with SQL Lite on Android
• Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
• Experience using source code control systems such as Git
• Knowledge of XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
• Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
• Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
• Must have the desire to be a people leader
• Needs good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
• Experience as developer on App(s) publicly available in the Google Play App Market
• Experience with native Android UI development for phones and tablets (multi-resolutions, resource utilization such as images, layouts, strings)
• Experience with Agile development methodologies including XP practices such as test driven development and pair programming
• Awareness of the Android UI/UX guidelines
• Experience with mapping and search providers
• Experience with other Google APIs (licensing, in-app billing, etc)
• Experience developing Android Widgets
• Experience with Bluetooth, NFC, Location and/or Accelerometer; other sensors
• Experience with Internationalization and Localization
Top Skills Details:
Android Development, Android Studio, Android SDKs, Kotlin
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must be a self starter
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072