Systems Engineer (VDI)
Posting ID: JP-002665993
Position will sit remote but candidate has to live in Michigan!
1) Must have working experience with recent version(s) of VMware Horizon
2) Ability to administer and maintain virtual desktop platform and supporting virtual desktop performance hardware and software maintenance/upgrades.
3) Design and specify virtualization infrastructure for VDI/VSI/Storage.
To research, design, implement, maintain, and life-cycle virtual desktop infrastructure. Work with customers to build solutions designed to fit their needs. Working closely with vendors to anticipate and resolve complex problems. Monitor system health and proactive issue resolution for developing issues. Mentors infrastructure staff to advance team and work flows.
VMware, Horizon, VDI, Virtual Desktop, Version 7
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Assisting in virtual desktop platform and serving its customers by maintaining and advancing our virtual server infrastructure platform.
• Working on planning and design of VMware Horizon compute infrastructure updates, hardware life cycling and resolving complex platform issues.
• Assisting team on NSX and virtual desktop maintenance and upgrades.
• Working as point of escalation for virtual desktop infrastructure, hardware, desktop and/or software requests.
• Customer ticket fulfillment.
- Over 1300 monthly unique users
- Over 10,000 virtual desktop launches per month
- Maintain 800 CCU licenses (Using 650 routinely)
- Awareness of Active Directory and Windows Desktop is preferred.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072