Posting ID: JP-002178192
We are currently searching for an experienced and highly analytical Quality Field Inspector to join our customer's Equipment manufacturing Quality Department. As the Quality Field Inspector, you will oversee/conduct inspections of our key suppliers. You will be inspecting a wide variety of parts as well as finished goods to guarantee that all our products meet quality specifications. The chosen candidate will perform regular product & process evaluations, record inspection results, and recommend improvements to the production process. To excel in this role, applicants should demonstrate great attention to detail with excellent technical, analytical abilities along with a willingness to travel and work on site for long periods of time.
• Perform regular quality assessments & inspections of a given supplier’s outgoing parts and finished assemblies prior to shipping.
• Reject all assemblies and parts that fail to meet quality expectations and if necessary, form and Implement a containment plan.
• Read engineering drawings, plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of parts/ products and services.
• Perform regular product evaluations, record inspection results, and recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
• Measure product dimensions examine functionality and compare the final product to the specifications.
• Oversee and conduct incoming inspection for a wide variety of parts as well as finished goods to guarantee that all our products meet quality specifications.
• Communicate and document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records back from the field.
• Teach the production team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence.
• Perform a variety of tasks in support of short- and long-term goals of the Manufacturing division.
• Exhibit teamwork and self-management
• Follow the attendance policy of the Department
• Follow all safety procedures and policies
• Work overtime, flexible schedules, weekends as required
• One of the following:
o High School Diploma and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Quality related position.
o 2 years in a trade school in a related field and 3 years of experience working independently
o 4-year degree in a related field and 2 years of experience working independently.
• At least 1 year of hands-on experience with mechanical systems or related experience.
• At least 1 year of onsite work with no direct supervision.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel
• Strong math skills, analytical abilities, and technical aptitude.
• Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and under the pressure of deadlines.
• Must possess strong attention to detail and sense of urgency to respond to issues.
• Ability to travel 25%, including on weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift 25 pounds or greater.
• Experience in an equipment engineer-to-order and assemble-to-order manufacturing environment
• Possess an ASQ or equivalent certification
• Experience in a mass production inspection environment.
• Experience implementing SPC and/or six-sigma concepts.
• Knowledge of best practices for the Quality Assurance function in a Manufacturing environment.
• Experience with quality tools such as CMM or other measuring systems.
• Certification in quality control
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Nicolette Mansfield
Phone: (410) 567-8076