Job Search & More
Customer Service Representative
Posted Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003899285
Training Schedule: 8:30am to 5pm Monday through Friday
8:30am to 5pm after training is the regular schedule. OT is offered, not mandatory
First 4 weeks will be FULLY on-site for training. After the first 4 weeks, they will transition remote for the next 4 to 6 weeks. After the first 6 to 9 weeks of employment, they will go back on-site for 3 to 5 days so they can do phone training. After these 5 days, they will transition to remote where they will be working for the forseable future. The role is remote but must be local to the Grand Rapids area in case they ever have to go back in the office.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides exceptional customer service to internal and/or external customers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to processing claims, providing standard information, completing forms, determining the status of claims based on plan guidelines and meeting or exceeding department metrics for call handling, productivity and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
60% of the time will be spent on inbound calls and the other 40% will be spent on claim handling/processing
Assists consumers by providing highest level of customer service; remains professional and polite at all times.
Responds to standard questions and concerns from customers; follows-up with common questions to document the nature and status of the claim; communicates in a clear and educated manner.
Processes routine or standard claims and a variety of forms based the documentation and categorization of claims, informs customer of results and closes out the claim as appropriate; requests and reviews photos/receipts to complete processing if necessary.
Receives incoming calls from consumers to resolve claims; utilizes judgement and problem-solving skills to deliver accurate information in a timely manner; makes outbound phone calls to consumers; documents information as required.
Aids internal and external customers during the claim and general call center process; forwards call and relevant information to other team members, departments or management as needed.
Serves as a mentor to new hires or other staff, which may include providing direction and training.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Call center, claims processing, inbound call, data entry, customer service, adjudication, microsoft office, insurance
Top Skills Details:
Call center,claims processing,inbound call,data entry
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1+ years of call center experience preferably in an escalated calls/claims setting
- Ability to have tough conversations
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well indapendently and within a team setting
NICE TO HAVE:
- claims experience
- data entry experience