Posting ID: JP-002665597
Hybrid work schedule with 2-3 days a week remote
1. Six years of experience and certified proficiency with Cisco networks, including configuring and supporting routers, switches (including Catalyst switches).
2. Experience with client and site VPN configuration.
3. Experience with Palo Alto firewalls is desired. We are committed to that for a firewall solution and they are lacking that experience on the on team
The Network Engineer delivers effective on-site and remote network support company-wide: design, implement, evaluate, maintain, monitor, report, manage and support various network-related hardware and software. This position provides support for various projects, new installations, hardware upgrades, modifications, and application upgrades.
- Provides network support for various projects, such as new installations, server hardware and software and application upgrades.
- Supports, designs and implements network solutions and manages network upgrades including, but not limited to, LAN, WAN and Firewall.
- Analyzes and resolves network-related issues and responds to user requests in a timely manner. Works with IT staff to determine specific needs and how to best implement technical solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and configure BGP
- Creates written documentation of systems design and capabilities and updates IT management as required.
- Trains junior technical personnel on network support and technical documentation.
- Identifies and recommends new technologies that will increase the overall efficiency of the firm’s network systems.
- Evaluates new products and maintains awareness of industry updates.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of existing computer system, from the infrastructure to the desktop, with the purpose of finding improvements.
- Maintains an inventory of all network-related software and hardware.
- Works with IT staff on any and all technology-related issues and provides emergency support on major systems or problems when necessary. Provides assistance to other offices as required.
- Implements network-related updates and patches in accordance with policy.
Experience and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of current Cisco IOS, DNS, DHCP, network communication protocols, VPN virtualization and load balancing systems.
- Must have advanced knowledge of multiple operating systems and platforms, internet and other related technologies.
- Strong knowledge of cloud network engineering
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be well-organized and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a multi-facetted project to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently in addition to working well within a team.
- Must be able to build relationships with people and maintain professional demeanor in the office.
Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent related experience. Equivalent combination of an associate’s degree and experience in the computer science field is acceptable.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072