Quality Lab Technician - GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan | CareerCircle
Job thumbnail

Quality Lab Technician

Actalent

02/21/2022

Posting ID: JP-002658654

×Not Interested
Save Job
Pin drop icon
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan
Share:Facebook iconTwitter iconLinkedin icon

Description:

In this role you will be responsible for testing samples of plastics pellets. The testing that will be conducted is hardness testing, specific gravity testing, color testing (using a spectrophotometer), mositure, density testing, melt flow index etc. Other than testing in the lab you will also be responsible for entering all of the data from the tests into the new and updated ERP system. You will also operate an extruder/mold machines to make samples of the product to do the testing on.

Your time will consist of 90% in the lab and the other 10% of their time will be spent on the production floor pulling samples. When you are on the floor you will be doing floor audits - these will be conducted every 2 hours.

Skills:

Laboratory, Quality, Testing, Science, Biology, Chemistry, Chemical, Plastics, Documentation

Additional Skills & Qualifications:

  • Bachelor's of Science Degree (Biology, Chemistry, etc) OR AS Degree w/ 1+ year of lab experience
  • Experience working for a paint company doing quality testing
  • Laboratory/Testing Experience (Academic Experience is good!)

About Actalent:

Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

Contact Information

Recruiter: Jean Chambers

Phone: (410) 579-3072

Email: jchambers@careercircle.com

Related Courses

Blog