Posting ID: JP-002663260
This position is 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday at the Portland, MI location.
There is some opportunity for weekend OT.
The dispatcher is responsible for the timely and accurate dispatch of sub-haulers for vehicle pick-up and delivery while providing excellent service to customers.
• Outbound calls to pick-up locations.
• Dispatch sub-haulers for vehicle pick-up and delivery within company timelines.
• Ensure sub-haulers meet company requirements prior to dispatching.
• Outbound calls to sellers.
• Solicit business.
• Utilize cost effective vendors to meet company budget objectives.
• Educate sub-haulers on company policies and procedures.
• Maintain and archive documents.
• Answer phone calls.
• Collect payments on member deliveries.
• Comply with Safety and enforce regulations.
• Print checks.
• Monitor incoming documents on the fax machine.
• Print reports as needed.
• Manage vendor relationships.
• Other duties as assigned.
Customer service, data entry, phone etiquette, phone system, customer support, accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Two years dispatch experience.
• One year customer service skills experience.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
• Excellent Communication Skills --verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Typing speed 45 words per minute.
• Basic Ten key proficiency.
• Basic Math skills.
• Computer proficiency (MS Suite experience).
• Ability to operate office equipment.
• Multi- tasking.
• Ability to work in fast paced/diverse environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Know geographical area as well as ability to read maps.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Occasional Overtime as needed.
• Bilingual Skill a plus.
1) previous issues with attendance or ability to pass a drug screen
2) poor job tenure
3) if they don't sound friendly over the phone, there probably not a good fit.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Kelly Schram