Posting ID: JP-002340232
Provider machined products, obsolete parts, engineering, and support to the nuclear industry. They're in the process of moving their facility from Lapeer to Rochester Hills. In the process, they've added 4 new CNC Machines to the building. They're looking for x2 Machinists to work on these new machines.
1. Programming and operation of CNC, NC, and manual: lathes, turning centers, machining centers,
milling machines and other machine shop equipment.
2. Effectively read and work from blueprints, sketches or instructions, using available resources in a
timely and productive manner.
3. Safe use of all equipment and work areas used during performance of job duties, ensuring both the
safety of yourself and others. Safety shoes and safety eyeglasses are required.
4. Effective use and care of measuring equipment. Ability to measure machined components using a
variety of measuring equipment and gages.
5. Maintain accurate paperwork on a timely basis; i.e. cost cards, route sheets, shop reports, etc.
6. Cleaning and deburring of components.
7. Assist in programming and problem solving on CNC’s / NC’s and related equipment.
8. Assist in training of CNC and NC Machinists / Operators in machine operation and programming.
9. Recommend and/or specify tooling, setups and job assignments for CNC, NC and other equipment.
10. Assist in design and buildings of jigs and fixtures as required for set ups, assembly, etc.
11. Advise Shop Foreman when expendable tooling needs to be replaced. Proper use of tool crib and
tool storage areas.
12. Maintain current technical knowledge in the setup and operation of new equipment and software.
13. Work as a team member with management and operators to improve product quality plus efficiency
and utilization of equipment.
14. Perform and ensure completion of periodic maintenance on CNC and NC equipment.
15. Assist in the maintenance and care of machines, tools and fixtures assigned to the shop. Proper
storage of tooling. Lubrication of machinery.
6-230pm (flexible if candidate need to start at 7am - shift would then run to 330pm.)
Monday - Friday (must be open to Saturdays)
5-10 years of CNC experience
3+ years of CNC programming experience
5+ years of Mill or Lathe operating/setup experience
NICES to HAVES:
Manual Machining experience
Both Lathe & Mill experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Porritt, Kasey