VMware/UCS Systems Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002665574
VMware/UCS Systems Engineer
Position can sit remote 3-4 days a week but would like someone to be in the office a day each week for specific meetings.
TEKsystems is helping our customer identify a qualified Sr Systems Engineer supporting Microsoft Operating Systems, Cisco UCS blade servers, Backup Software and VMware.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provides administration, documentation and operational support including disaster recovery for enterprise applications, hardware and operating systems
• Deploy and administer server hardware which consist of Cisco UCS B and C series and HP ProLiant DL and ML servers. This will include working with staff to identify equipment to be purchased and secure quotes from our vendors.
• Provide operational support for the backup environment. Must be familiar with common, industry standard backup methodologies.
• Provides for the administration of VMware which includes maintaining templates, deploying virtual servers, applying updates, troubleshooting guest and host issues.
• Utilize monitoring tools for prevention and troubleshooting; assists team members with problem resolution related to application use; assists team members and customers with problem solving related to networked systems.
• Deploy physical and virtual servers as per our standard build process.
• Maintain all server hardware to include replacing failed components and performing upgrades.
• Uses IS standards, methods, and processes to complete project tasks; assists in developing standards, methods, and processes as required.
• Participates and supports disaster recovery initiatives, auditing, and change management standards and procedures.
• Create, implement, maintain and build upon existing best practices.
• Assist other team members on project work as required.
• Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
VMware, Cisco UCS, Storage, Brocade Switches, Commvault
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Systems core side of the house mostly. Looking for things like VMware, UCS, Storage (HPE 3PAR/MSA ideally), Fibre Channel switching and more. Sr. systems engineer level. Minimum of 5+ years engineering experience. They’d be helping us on a VMware migration project we’re in the middle of and doing things like upgrading firmware on UCS blades (and maybe infrastructure firmware), possibly expanding 3PAR’s with already purchased drives and leveling out the array, upgrading FC switch firmware. They will need to be able to communicate and coordinate with the business very well. Need good team collaboration and communication skills. All stuff that comes with an enterprise environment. Creating project plans, etc. Really looking for someone that has good project management skills as well and can run a project from start to finish. Must be self directed, detail oriented, and able to take ownership of a project. Remote site deployment experience - ordering equipment, installing, figuring out the power needs, etc.
• 3 to 5 years Cisco UCS. has Cisco UCS B and C series. Experience with UCS Central is a huge plus because all of their configurations are here.
• 3 to 5 years deploying in a VMware vSphere environment. vSphere 6.5 or newer.
• 3 to 5 years Microsoft Operating System experience. Has 2008, 2008R2, 20012R2, 2016, 2019 in their environment
• 3 to 5 years backup experience. Experience with CommVault is a plus
• Good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to operate independently or as part of a team.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072